Well, I’ve been doing this whole personal blog thing for over two years. Yesterday marked my 100th post!
With that post I’m on a 1:.24 post to comment ratio! At the moment I’m just short of 54K views and seeing between 2,500 and 3,000 views a month. I don’t think those are that bad for a pretty obscure blog by someone that isn’t known in any large web community.
I am impressed that overthe last couple of years I’ve written some pretty popular articles:
- True/False (Boolean) Values in PowerShell
- Increasing External Speaker Sound in CM11
- Open Flight Stabilizer for the Orange RS3X
But I’ve also wrote some turds, or at least I wrote some articles that I hoped would be popular but just didn’t seem to appeal to anyone.
- NuGet, A New Way to Get Libraries
- Using Gitorious, TortoiseGit, and Msysgit Together
- Xceed Community DataGridControl Watermark Removal
Looking at those lists shows that my voice in software engineering doesn’t carry that far except for the case where PowerShell is involved (which may just be SEO helping me out). I have a long way to go in improving my writing style. Hopefully posting more and being involved with the blog will help with that aspect.
All-in-all, I’m looking forward to the next 100 posts!